Digging into the SEO stuff, all Digital Marketers including both the freshers and professionals have to do this process called Keyword Research.
What exactly is the KEYWORD RESEARCH?
Is it mandatory?
How to find the trending keywords for my projects? And also which are the best ones?
Many questions will come in your head when you are doing some SEO kind of work for the projects.
Keyword Research is the way that SEO people try to find and research the related or alternative keywords which the target audiences enter into the search engines for their products/ services. With the help of the keyword research, we can easily find out what our target audience is searching.
Purpose of Keyword Research
When the ideal customer searches on search engines with some keywords related to our product/services, it is very essential that those keywords should be present in our website meta data and description so as to get ranked by search engines in searches. So when you enter the keyword, the search engine shows some results which already have the entered keywords which redirects to the keyword stuffed websites.
What makes a Good Keyword?
A Good Keyword is a targeted keyword which yields a higher search rate and also gives your site a higher conversion rate.
How to Do Keywords Research?
- The very first thing to do is to brainstorm about all the relavent keywords that can be useful for our project and make a list.
- We have a list of keywords, now it’s the time to add the relevant phrases or keywords to each of those keywords.
- From here, our crucial steps start. Do research about the keywords we got and also look for some suggested or related keywords in the SERPs.
- Now add some extra words to each keyword so that we can check whether the long tail keywords work or not.
- Now check the ranking positions ( in incognito window) of your competitors for all the resulting keywords we got.
- Finally it’s the time to use any of the Keyword Research Tools to filter out the list and get to know about more details about the keyword.
What Tools Do You Use for Keyword Research?
Keyword Research has the biggest role in SEO.
For every category, there are some keywords which already have good search volumes and high conversion rates. But we can’t just go behind these popular keywords blindly because many established players would already be using and bidding high on those keywords for years and have very high rankings on them.
Nowadays people don’t have much patience to work for years and wait for the results against such competitive terms. For a better ranking of the website,we need to find out some good keywords which actually are niche and help our project.
Let’s go to some keyword research tools to start with.
1. Google Trends
Google Trends helps us to explore what the world is searching. Here we need to just add a search item or a topic.
2. Ahrefs Keywords Explorer
Ahrefs Keyword Explorer is a powerful and easy to learn toolset. We can generate very good Keyword ideas (above 5 Million) for a seed keyword. Also, we can analyze their ranking difficulty and the traffic potential.
3. Google Keyword Planner- Google Ads
The Google Keyword Planner helps to get the right keywords so that your ads will appear in front of right customers. Also, we will get a good search volume, historical metrics and forecasts for how they might perform in the future.
How to Use Google Keyword Planner – We can add a list of keywords manually to the “Get search volumes and metrics” tool. Select the Exact match when prompted. Also, check some keywords in the Keyword Ideas View and add them to the plan.
Keyword Tool is one of the best alternatives for Google Keyword Planner and some other research tools.
Here are the few reasons why this tool is the best:
- It uses Google Autocomplete which can generate 700+ long-tail keyword suggestions for every seed keyword in FREE version
- It is extremely reliable as it works 99.9 % of the time.
- Even without creating an account, you can use the Keyword Tool for free.
With the help of Moz Keyword Explorer, we can find the best keywords for our SEO strategy. We can see the competition and the volume metrics. It also does SERP analysis.
How it works
- Create a Moz Account so as to access the Keyword Tool and the other SEO Tools.
- Verify your account via email.
- Enter the Keyword or the URL of the website.
- Get a comprehensive keyword analysis and suggestions.
Semrush is an all-round solution for SEO,content, social media, competitive research and PPC. Semrush does keyword research and tracks down all the plans of the actions of your competitors. It is one of the trusted tools which is used by all the internet marketers (both the freshers and the experts) all over the world.
Wordstream is a free Keyword research tool. With the help of the tool, we can easily find the keywords which drive the traffic through organic and paid search.
Now, you got to know how to do keyword research and which keyword tools to use. With the help of the new list of keywords that you have, you can focus on the right topics for your business.
Keyword Researching is a never-ending process. The more you dig for the greatest keywords, you keep on getting a fine list of keywords which actually proves worthy for your website ranking.